The Finance Associate is a full-time exempt position that fulfills a key role within the Foundation. The Associate is responsible for keeping the organization running smoothly by working on foundation Operations and Financial systems, enabling an efficient and effective working environment for all staff.
The Finance Associate reports directly to the Foundation CFO and serves as a member of the Foundation’s Finance and Operations Team.
Specific Job Duties Include:
Finance Support: Supports processes and systems related to Foundation’s finance function
• Runs ad-hoc and regular reports per request of Foundation Directors and Finance and Accounting team.
These include monthly departmental financial reports and quarterly Board reports amongst other reports.
• Manages the month end close process
• A key leader of the budget process as well as the mid-year reforecast
• Provides assistance to Director in preparation for audits, annual budgets, and tax filings
• Coordinates data tracking and reporting of all Foundation contracts
• Works closely with AP associate to ensure payments are issued correctly and on time via ACH
• Office Operations: Maintains an efficient, well-functioning office environment for Foundation staff
• Plays a role in process development for office operations
• Complies with all internal audit procedures related to Foundation operations and finances
• Plays a supporting role in the Foundations data integration and systems (CyberGrants and SalesForce)
• Is office lead on Contract management process
• Assists Grants Administrator with financial related items
• Co-trains and provide back up on grant management system-CyberGrants
• MS Excel experience required
• 1-3 years finance experience desired
• Provides direct support to the CFO as needed
• Works collaboratively and participates in cross-disciplinary teams with colleagues at Blue Shield of California Foundation
• Completes additional tasks as assigned
• Salesforce.com experience desired
• Demonstrates strong time management and multi-tasking skills; is detail oriented, self-motivated, pro-active, and comfortable working in a small and collaborative team environment.
• Bachelor's Degree required
• Use and/or application of basic financial analysis principles, theories and concepts
• Limited but growing knowledge of company practices and standards
Blue Shield of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Blue Shield of California Foundation was formed by Blue Shield of California, a not-for-profit health plan with more than 3.4 million members, 4,800 employees and one of the largest provider networks in California. For more information about the company, please visit blueshieldca.com.
To apply for this position, visit Blue Shield of California's Career Center
Click on Search Openings and insert Job Requisition Number 1560BR.