Information Systems and Special Projects Administrator
About Blue Shield of California Foundation
Blue Shield of California Foundation is one of the largest health grantmaking organizations in California. The Foundation supports nonprofit organizations that strengthen the safety net for the state’s most vulnerable residents, while working toward our mission: To build lasting solutions to end domestic violence and make California the healthiest state, especially for our most vulnerable neighbors.
Blue Shield of California Foundation is seeking a highly organized individual with demonstrated ability to effectively manage technology projects and serve as a primary communication hub between system vendors and end users. The Information Systems and Special Projects Administrator will provide day-to-day support and management for the Foundation’s information systems, directing and controlling administrative and technical functions in compliance with Blue Shield Corporate and the Foundation’s policies and direction. This exciting new role requires self-direction and the ability to innovate for the future, along with flexibility and a passionate commitment to serving as the administrative/operational glue that will help the Foundation’s work succeed. If you have a can-do attitude and passion for finding better solutions that make life easier in the workplace, we want to hear from you.
Specific responsibilities include:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, Operations, and Grants, the Information Systems and Special Projects Administrator will support Foundation systems projects and work across various platforms including, but not limited to, Customer Relationship Management (Salesforce), Grants Management (Fluxx), Finance and Accounting (Financial Force), Expense Reporting (Expensify), and Project Management (Asana) to assess, recommend, and execute new system implementations and enhancements.
- Oversees systems administration, writes systems related policies, procedures, and workflows, and trains staff on systems use on an as-needed basis.
- Interacts with third party companies, and organizations to research, recommend and implement new systems, products, and tools to support the Foundation's strategic goals.
- Researches, recommends, implements, and champions new systems and software solutions for Foundation needs.
- Promotes data integrity and prepares related documentation for use by others.
- Develops and implements project plans to support system customizations and on-going enhancements, working closely with system support teams to resolve issues, test, and launch.
- Generates data for short- and long-term organizational reporting needs.
- Serves as department liaison to Blue Shield Corporate IT, working collaboratively with colleagues to proactively identify and – when necessary – to resolve Foundation system issues.
- Manages architecture and use of Foundation shared drive (or similar), trains and collaborates with colleagues to ensure on-going maintenance and ease of use.
Special projects will vary over time, but will include projects such as:
- Working with Foundation leadership on initiatives to fulfill Foundation goals, particularly those with an IT or web-based communications focus; and
- Establishing ongoing systems or process management training for staff.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Strong Salesforce experience, with Salesforce administrator certificate or three (3) years of experience working directly within the Salesforce system.
- Strong project management skills, with a minimum of two years’ experience playing a significant Project Management role.
- Commitment to consistently providing excellent customer service and customer management in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to work as a team-member and individual contributor.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Bachelors’ degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a grantmaking, foundation, or non-profit environment, or strong familiarity with similar work culture environments.
- Salesforce Administrator license.
- Superior organizational and project management skills.
- Knowledge developing and implementing company-wide system and process improvements.
- Experience interacting with all levels of management including senior officers, directors, and program support staff in system, technical, and training needs.
- Experience drafting technical scope of work for project specific agreements.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated experience to adapt to and or function in fluid working environment.
- Capacity to be proactive, by anticipating needs and looking ahead at all times; a self-starter.
- Ability to manage relationships internally and externally with all levels of staff.
- Solutions orientation and ability to be adaptive and innovative.
- A generous and curious nature, a sense of humor, and grace under pressure.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.