Team Coordinator, Communications
About Blue Shield of California Foundation
Blue Shield of California Foundation (the Foundation) is one of the largest healthcare grantmaking organizations in California. The mission of the Foundation is to improve the lives of all Californians, particularly the underserved, by making health care accessible, effective and affordable, and by ending domestic violence. In 2016, the Foundation will award nearly $30 million in grants to nonprofit organizations, and conducted strategic research and program development.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
Project Management: Works in partnership with team members to ensure Foundation projects, including grantmaking, run smoothly and efficiently. Supports the project workflow/lifecycle to ensure deliverables are met on time and on budget. This can include coordinating team project timelines and deliverables, assigning tasks and following up with team members and outside parties, taking steps to move work forward through the process, and ensuring that project reports are completed on time.
Team Coordination: Monitors and documents team activities, gathering information to support team decision-making and deliverables as necessary, proactively identifying obstacles and making recommendations to ensure deadlines and deliverables are met. Participates in meetings with internal and external parties, identifies follow-up needs and makes necessary updates to project plans.
Systems Support: Acts as project point person to ensure that project work and Foundation systems are well-coordinated. Communicates project needs to staff members responsible for systems updates, while promoting effective use of Foundation systems within project teams. Enters data into appropriate system(s) and generates reports for team members. Ensures that complete project documentation is stored in appropriate sites, follows up with project team to ensure all appropriate documentation is in place.
- Communications Support: Drafts correspondence, prepares meeting materials and summaries, organizes materials for meetings and presentations.
- Administrative Support: Performs general administrative duties as needed, including monitoring project calendars and budgets, setting up team meetings, and making travel and/or meeting arrangements.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required.
- Two years of experience in a similar role or field.
- Limited travel required.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use cloud-based business systems (e.g., SalesForce).
- Possesses a basic level of Project Management skills.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Passion for the Foundation’s mission is essential, as are strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Displays strong analytic and problem-solving skills, and is comfortable running reports and drawing out key information for decision-makers.
- Possesses interpersonal skills that enable effective engagement with a broad range of contacts, from technical staff to senior management.
- Displays organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and to work successfully under pressure.
- Can deal with ambiguity and requests for change.