Team Coordinator, Communications
About Blue Shield of California Foundation
Blue Shield of California Foundation (the Foundation) is one of the largest healthcare grantmaking organizations in California. The mission of the Foundation is to improve the lives of all Californians, particularly the underserved, by making health care accessible, effective and affordable, and by ending domestic violence. In 2017, the Foundation will award over $25 million in grants to nonprofit organizations, and conducted strategic research and program development.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain editorial calendar.
- Regularly update website and social media content and assist in developing newsletter items.
- Create and disseminate email blasts.
- Proof and copyedit communications materials.
- Execute outreach through various channels including, but not limited to: print materials, website, social media, and events.
- Develop print and/or electronic packets to support executive speeches.
- Maintain archive of organizational-related articles, photos, videos, and promotional materials.
- Oversee production and updating of print and digital products.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Maintain smooth office operations by managing project timelines and budgets, and updating contact lists.
- Identify potential system and process improvements and work collaboratively across departments to implement changes.
- Schedule meetings, prepare agendas, and coordinate travel.
- Support creation of contracts with vendors and consultants.
- Oversee logistics and outreach for Foundation events.
- Bachelor's degree in communications or related discipline and two years working in communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Exceptional writing, problem solving, and project management skills.
- Fully proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent prioritization and time management skills with the ability to work on multiple tasks independently and/or with a team.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Experience with Adobe CS, Salesforce, HTML, content management systems, and/or Google Analytics desired.